Applications are invited for “Media Fellowship on Climate Change Reporting” for a duration of 6 months with a remuneration of Rs. 15,000/- per month under Climate Cell of Environment Division, ASTE Council, Dept. of Science & Technology, Govt. of Assam with an objective to create awareness and sensitize people on issues related to weather, climate change and their probable impacts on, livelihood and adaptability by publishing/telecasting articles/ reports/ stories or broadcasting documentaries/audio-visuals fortnightly or at least eight (8) such programs during the fellowship programme.
About Assam Science Technology and Environment Council
The Governing Body constituted by the State Govt. as per rule of the Memorandum of Association is the sole authority of the Council. The main objective of Assam Science Technology and Environment Council is –
- To formulate policies on various aspects of science, technology and environment which are in the interest of the state and the country.
- To formulate schemes/programmes on the various aspects of science, technology and environment.
- To execute/ implement schemes on science, technology and environment of the Govt. of India, Government of Assam, North Eastern Council and other public bodies.
- To promote research in the field of science, technology and environment in Assam by giving financial support to scientists, technical persons and experts working in institutions or otherwise in the State.
- To advise the concerned departments/organisations of the Government of Assam, public bodies’ etc. on various aspects of science, technology and environment, in so far as the departments/organisations are concern.
Two fellowships will be awarded for the year 2020. Those candidates who have availed the fellowship in 2018 and 2019 need not apply. The candidate must submit their application forms to the authority. Application form
The selected candidate will get a fellowship of rupees 15,000/- for 6 months of period. He or she need to publish/telecast articles/ reports/ stories or broadcasting documentaries/audio-visuals fortnightly or at least eight (8) such programs during the fellowship programme.
Working Journalist in any reputed publishing or media house in/ of Assam with graduation in any discipline. The candidates are required to submit their application addressing “The Director, Assam Science Technology and Environment Council, Bigyan Bhawan. GS Road, Guwahati 781005”, on or before 5.00 pm 6″ January, 2021 in prescribed form along with a synopsis of the proposed work (within 500 words) by post or e-mail to [email protected] Selection committee will review the synopses and based on its recommendations the shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. Details of the advertisement may be obtained from (astec.assam.gov.in).
The candidate must fill up the application form and submit it to the given address. Along with the application form, the candidate must submit the synopsis of the project with in 500 words by post or by email. The email address to send the same is – [email protected]. The candidate must submit all the required information on or before 6th January. No application forms will be granted after 6th January.
Download Application Form.
Address: The Director,
Assam Science Technology and Environment Council,
Bigyan Bhawan. GS Road,
Email – [email protected]