The Directorate of Secondary Education, Assam has released an official notification regarding the Post Graduate Teacher’s recruitment. Director of Secondary Education, Assam on behalf of the Inspector of Schools of the respective Districts, has invited online applications from intending and eligible candidates for the post of Post Graduate Teachers in Provincialized and Government Secondary Schools.
DSE Assam Recruitment 2023 Details :-
Name of post: Post Graduate Teacher
Number of posts: 1503 posts
- Starting date of submission of district preference option: 29th March 2023, 12 Midnight
- Last date of submission of district preference option: 1st April 2023, 12 Midnight
- Documents Verification starts From: 4th March 2023
Government Secondary School: 118 posts
Provincialized Secondary School: 1385 posts
Pay Scale: Rs. 22,000 / – to 97,000 /- including Grade Pay of Rs. 11,800 /- PM
Note: The District-wise, subject-wise, medium-wise & category-wise vacancy details will be available at Important Web-Links section in due course of time.
Eligibility Criteria of DSE Assam Recruitment
Age Limit: A candidate must not be less than 21 years of age and not more than 38 years as on 1st January, 2022.
Age Relaxation: The upper age relaxation will be as follows-
- OBC/MOBC: 3 Years
- ST/SC: 5 Years
- Ex-Servicemen: 2 Years
- PwD: 10 Years
Note: The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the Matriculation/ HSLC Admit Card/ Certificate issued by a recognized Board/ Council, and no other document shall be accepted in lieu thereof for the purpose
Educational Qualification: Post Graduation with at least 50% marks (or its equivalent) from recognized University and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) from National Council for Teacher Education recognized Institution; but degrees obtained from off-campus and distance education institution shall not be considered as valid.
TET Qualification: Candidate shall have to appear and pass in the Higher Secondary Teachers Eligibility Test (HS TET) in the concerned cadre, conducted by Government scoring a minimum of 60% marks in each paper in case of Un-reserved category candidates and minimum of 55 % marks in each paper in case of Scheduled Cases / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Classes and Persons with Disabilities candidates.
Provided that for the teachers working regularly against sanctioned post in a Graduate post in any provincialised High School/ Higher Secondary School for a minimum period of 15 years having requisite academic and professional qualification for the post of Post Graduate Teacher, appearing and qualifying in TET shall be optional and they shall be awarded with a weight-age of 60 marks for their 15 years of continuous teaching experience and those who have appeared and qualified in the TET shall get the TET qualified marks in lieu of the weight-age given for the experience.
Provided further that any experienced teacher who has appeared but could not secure the minimum qualifying 60 marks in the TET, shall be awarded at least 60 marks in respect of their experience if he or she has already completed 15 years of teaching experience. Any marks secure by such experienced teacher over and above 60 qualifying marks in TET shall be counted additionally in respect of TET for such teacher for the purpose selection of the post of Post Graduate Teacher.
Medium of Instruction:
In addition to the academic and professional qualification as per sub-rule (1), the candidate must satisfy the following criteria regarding medium of instruction:-
(i) In case of Assamese Medium School, the candidate must have to passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with Assamese Language as one of the subjects or having Diploma in Assamese Language issued by the Axom Sahitya Sabha or read up to HSLC level in Assamese Medium School.
(ii) In case of Bengali Medium School, the candidate must have passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with Bengali language as one of the subjects or having in Bengali Language issued by the Barak Upatyaka Bangya Sahitya Sanskriti Sammetan or read up to HSLC level in Bengali Medium School.
(iii) In case of Hindi Medium School, the candidate must have passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with Hindi language as one of the subjects or read up to HSLC level in Hindi Medium School .
(iv) In case of Bodo Medium School, the candidate must have to passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with Bodo language as one of the subjects or read up to HSLC level in Bodo Medium School .
(v) In case of English Medium School, the candidate must have passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with Alternative English as one of the subjects or read from Class XI onwards in English medium School.
Provided that for recruitment of teacher for teaching MIL subject, the candidate who passed HSLC Examination with particular MIL Subject shall be considered.
Physical fitness: The applicant for the post of Graduate teacher shall be:-
- of sound health both mentally and physically and free from any organic defect or bodily infirmity which is likely to interfere in the efficient performance of his duties; and
- ii. required to undergo medical examination before appointment to the service.
Document To be Uploaded with DSE Online Application Form
Documents as mentioned below should be coloured scanned and clear in PDF format while uploading and applying online and all documents should be self attested.
- Passport Size Colour Photograph
- HSLC Mark sheet and Admit Card (Age Proof)
- HSSLC Mark-sheet and Certificate
- Mark sheet and Certificate of Bachelor Degree.
- Post Graduate mark sheet and Certificate.
- Higher Secondary TET mark sheet and Certificate.
- B.Ed. Mark sheet (1st Year & 2nd Year) and Certificate
- Caste Certificate (in case of SC/ ST(P)/ST(H)/OBC/MOBC).
- Candidates with disabilities will have to enclose certificates of disabilities issued by Govt. authority.
- Certificate of NCC (Only B or C Category only), Sports & Cultural (if represented state at National Level).
- Scanned Signature of the applicant.
- Experience certificate (if any) of 15 years of teaching experience as Graduate Teacher in Provincialised High / Higher Secondary School.
- Certificate of Ex-servicemen issued by the Director, Sainik Welfare Board.
Here’s how to Apply for DSE Recruitment :-
Interested and eligible candidates may apply online for these vacancy by visiting official DSE Assam Recruitment Portal. Candidates may follow below mentioned steps to apply for DSE PGT vacancy.
- Scroll down, go to Important Web-Links section .
- Click on the “Online Application Form” and complete the registration process by clicking “Register Now”.
- In the next stage, fill your all personal and educational details and upload necessary documents.
- At the end, submit the form.
- Take a print out of the application form .
Selection Process of DSE Assam PGT Vacancy
The selection process of Directorate of Secondary Education (DSE), Assam PGT Teacher recruitment process is based on following parameters:
- 100 marks on percentage of marks in MA / M.Sc. / M.Com Examination.
- 100 marks on percentage of marks in BA / B.Sc. / B.Com Examination; (In case of Major / Hons, the marks obtained in Major / Hons. Shall be taken into consideration).
- 100 marks on percentage of marks in BT / B.Ed. Examination.
- 100 marks on percentage of marks in TET Examination or 60 marks for 15 years of experience as a Graduate Teacher in provincialised High / Higher Secondary School having requisite academic and professional qualification, as the case may be. Any experienced teacher who has appeared but could not secure the minimum qualifying 60 marks in the TET, shall be awarded at least 60 marks in respect of their experience if he or she has already completed 15 years of teaching experience. Any marks secured by such experienced teacher over and above 60 qualifying marks in TET shall be counted additionally in respect of TET for such teacher for the purpose of selection for the post of Post Graduate Teacher.
- 10 marks for NCC certificate (10 marks for “C” certificate and 5 marks for “B” certificate)
- 10 marks for participating in recognized sports at national level representing Assam.
- 10 marks for achievements in Fine Arts and cultural activities representing the State officially at National level.
Important wesite link section
|Online Application Link (Government)
|Online Application Link (Provincialized)
|Official Notification (Government)
|Official Notification (Provincialized)
|Visit Official Website